Why the School Code of Conduct is important
To ensure the best education
- Attend school regularly.
- Participate in special activities.
- Contact school to explain absence (Phone call or note from the parents).
- All students must report to the office before they leave school for any reason.
- Teachers take attendance every day.
- Parents are called for any absence on a daily basis.
- Letters are sent to parents for unsubstantiated absences.
- Student should have a note or appointment card; if ill, a call will be made to a parent or guardian
To ensure moral and physical safety
- Respect everyone’s rights.
- Walk safely at permitted time.
- Put personal property in a safe place.
- Respect all school rules.
- Remove roller blades upon entry through gym corridor door.
- Every person in school or on its grounds is deserving of courtesy and respect.
- Disrespect or defiance is not tolerated.
- Discipline Program.
To create a dynamic learning environment
- Be punctual.
- Participate in the class.
- Have all required school materials.
- Complete work on time.
- Stay on task.
- Use polite words.
- Be honest.
- Take care of school property.
- Sleep and eat well.
- Ask questions when required.
- Prepare material before class.
- Do the homework.
- Get along with others.
- Avoid cheating and plagiarism.
To promote personal expression
- Respect everyone’s differences.
- Dress appropriately.
- The use of personal electronic devices is not permitted on school property.
- Smoking on school premises is strictly forbidden.
- Be kind.
- Think before acting.
- Leave all personal electronics (cell, music, video, etc.) at home or in your locker during the school day.