Why a School Code of Conduct is important?
To ensure the best education
- Attend school regularly.
- Participate in special activities.
- Contact school to explain absence (Phone call or note from the parents).
- All students must report to the office before they leave school for any reason.
- Take attendance every day.
- Phone parents for absence on a daily basis.
- Send letters to parents for non-motivated absences.
- Student should have a note or appointment card; If ill, a call will be made to a parent or guardian.
- Parents will be contacted daily to confirm reason for child’s absence.
- If absenteeism is persistent, a meeting will be arranged to discuss the problem. Youth Protection Services could be contacted.
- If a student misses more than 30% or 20 days per term the assessment/ evaluation cannot be completed.
To ensure moral and physical safety
- Respect everyone’s rights.
- Walk safely at permitted time.
- Put personal property in a safe place.
- Respect all school rules.
- Remove roller blades upon entry through gym corridor door.
- Every person in school or on its grounds is deserving of courtesy and respect.
- Disrespect or defiance is not tolerated.
- Discipline Program.
- Mutual respect
- Attentive Listening
- Right to pass
- Please see “A Perfect Day” on the signature page.
To create a dynamic learning environment
- Be punctual.
- Participate in the class.
- Have all required school materials.
- Complete work on time.
- Stay on task.
- Use polite words.
- Be honest.
- Take care of school property.
- Sleep and eat well.
- Ask questions when required.
- Prepare material before class.
- Do the homework.
- Get along with others.
- Avoid cheating and plagiarism.
- Study Policy: Students who do not complete assignments on time can expect to receive a letter, which parents must sign to acknowledge the situation.
- Academic Honesty Policy is adopted by the school and required by the MEESR.
- Fees will be charged for any lost or damaged school property.
To promote personal expression
- Respect everyone’s differences.
- Dress appropriately
- Leggings need to be covered, no headgear permitted in school.
- The use of personal electronic devices is reserved for certain times and places in the school.
- Be kind.
- Think before acting or speaking.
- Use your electronic devices only when and where they are permitted.
- Participation in any extra-curricular activity, field trip or school dance can be cancelled.
- Confiscation of electronic device, parents contacted. Sanctions including retention of the device may be used.
- Complete information for Dress Code is found on last page of this Information section.